Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 9 Love???


A/N All characters belong to E.L. James
Please leave reviews it lets me know where I'm going wrong or what you'd like more of! Thank you to some fellow fanfictioners for all the support and advice! Kerry you keep me smiling :) Angie I love you the most! Big thanks to my hubby and kids for letting me get the time to write. I love you all x x x
I am working on a Christian chapter it's gonna consist of out-takes from previous chapters where you don't know where he's been and some phone calls while Ana is sleeping... First though Chapter 9!

"You LOVE me?" he sounds shocked "Really Ana you've known me for what? five minutes and you love me? You don't even know me!"
I wish the ground could open and swallow me! I had hoped he would return my feelings but instead he's turned into the caged animal fighting to get out.
"Oh Ana. What have I done?" He sounds regretful
"I can't help my feelings for you and I wont apologise for them! Christian you are the first man I have ever dated, I gave you my virginity surely you must have realised I wouldn't give that away to any Tom Dick or Harry?" I am bloody furious at him. "You have been the sweetest kindest man, you've held me when ive been upset, you stayed when I was hurt, you spent a week with my parents, some people would say you deserve a knighthood for that alone! That's what you have done! Oh and you have blown my mind in the fucking bedroom too, unless you'd forgotten" I'm screaming at him now. He wont even look at me he just sits there shaking his head sadly.
"Ana, there is something I need to tell you..." Oh no, ive seen too many films and read too much chick lit to know whats coming next, he can't leave me he just cant! "Did you ever wonder why I'm here?"
"What? I assumed you came to visit Elliot"
"No Ana, I didn't. I came here to escape my life, to be a nobody for a month or two."
"Oh gee ta so now im a nobody!" I glower angrily at him, standing with my hands on my hips.
"No Ana you're not a nobody, people like you just don't exist in my world" He states
"So what the fuck is that supposed to mean?"
"I ..."he falters
"In fact don't bother Christian, I'll get my stuff and go then will I? Obviously you've been wasting my time!" I spit furiously.
"No Ana. Please, I don't want it to end like this" he begs quietly.
"Oh so you did want it to end thanks for the heads up! What was I just another notch on your bloody bedpost?" I'm seething with rage now. "You were right about one thing Christian I was deluding myself that I love you, You are some arrogant little rich boy who thinks your better than the rest of us! It's such a shame that the sweet caring you was all a façade to get me into bed. Do you get extra points at your private club if your 'nobody' conquest was a virgin? I bet Mummy will be so proud!"
"Don't be so fucking ridiculous Ana! I've never been anyone but me with you" He's starting to get angry now. His anger fuels mine.
"Pull the other on Grey, You just proved to me why all men are fucking pricks! And if you think I'm going to hang around to be your wee sex toy you can fuck right off!" I roar!
"Fine then, go if you feel like that. I should have guessed you'd be like this!" he spits angrily at me
"Like what?" I sneer.
"I bet you did know EXACTLY who I was. I mean even your parents had heard of me! What was I your meal ticket out of small village life Ana? Are you just another one of the gold digging whores that throw themselves at me all day everyday?" Did he just call me a fucking whore? Oh you are going to pay for that Grey!
"Don't you fucking dare!" I reach to slap him but he catches my wrist.
"I wouldn't do that Miss Steele, I don't think you could afford it" He hissed
"You pompous arrogant wanker! What the fuck did I see in you?" I ask myself more than him "I thought you were different Christian, I actually fell for all your bullshit." How naive was I? "But now I can see through you into your soul and do you wanna know what I see?" I really want to hurt him now. "Its fucking black and empty just like you! I hope you rot in hell Christian!" I hurriedly put on my clothes one-handed, bugger the bra I shove the dress over my head, pull on my shoes and cardigan grab my bag and coat and turn to him.
"Oh and you can tell your father I will meet with him tomorrow at my flat" With that I spin on my heel and am gone. I run along the hall and down the stairs. By the time I reach the bottom I can feel the floodgates threatening to open. I stop at reception to find out about taxis, it'll cost a fortune but I just want to go home. I'm in luck ther is a rank out the front.
I'm just about to step outside when Taylor appears beside me.
"Miss Steele?" he says to attract my attention.
"Yes Mr Taylor" I reply. Why is he following me? I just want to get the hell out of here!
"I have orders to take you wherever you want to go" He says kindly
"No thanks tell Christian to shove it up his self-righteous arse! Oh and Taylor I feel really sorry for you having to work with that man. If you want my advice I'd leave now before he corrupts you too" I reply in a sickly sweet voice.
"He's not the man you believe him to be Miss Steele" He says defensively
"Good bye Mr Taylor" I say turning away from him.
I run out the front door and into the car at the front of the taxi rank, I give him my address and we move off into the night. I put my head in my hands and I cry the whole way home.
When I arrive Kate is outside waiting. Either Elliot or Christian must have phoned her. She pays for the taxi and pulls me out the back seat into her arms.
"He's a self-righteous bastard!" I cry into her hair "He thinks im a fucking NOBODY" I wail
"Lets get you inside shall we, then we can have a chat." She says soothingly as she strokes my hair.
We walk into the livingroom and cozy up together on the couch while I tell her everything that happened including our break-up. I feel the weight of the world on me I now understand the two-phase post break-up plan a bit better! Kate lends me her fluffiest breakup PJ's and we climb into my bed together and go to sleep.
When I wake up in the morning I feel the full effects of Christian not being here. It's like a part of me has died, the flames of passion Christian had ignited in me have burned out all that's left is the ashes. I'm empty and hollow. I can hear Kate on the phone. She is shouting at someone.
"Yeah she came home last night" Oh she's talking about me, "She's devastated... He's a fucking arsehole... I don't give a shit that he's your brother... Don't give me that Elliot, She was completely innocent in all this,... Don't be fucking ridiculous Ana's not like that!... If that's the way you feel then you can fuck off too!" she slammed down the phone, just as she saw me.
"Sorry babe I didn't mean to wake you" She said
"Kate you can't fight my battles for me, don't let what happened between me and..." I can feel a lump rising in my throat at the thought of his name "Christian" I whisper "destroy what you have with Elliot! It's not his fault his brother thinks I'm gold digging scum!" I state glumly
"Well he shouldnt think it too! You're my best friend Ana I don't want to lose you for anything. Those Grey men have a lot of apologising to do! Oh the reason Elliot called was to tell me that Carrick is on his way over. He should be here in the next ten minutes or so."
"Oh great I'm really excited about this, NOT!"
"Do you want me to stay with you?"
"Would you mind Kate? I really don't think I can do this alone, I mean Cri..." I let out a little sob but quickly pull myself back together "I was never meant to do this alone" I quickly rephrase.
"Sure! What are best mates for?!" We head into the kitchen together to make up a tea-tray for Carrick's arrival. I make a pot of tea whilst Kate gets a plate of biccies ready I carry through the pot and three mugs and put it on out coffee table, Kate places the plate down too just as the bell rings.
"I suppose its time" I say
"I'll go let him in" She scoots off to get the door.
Kate comes back into the room first looking apologetic, oh no what now? She's followed by Carrick, then Christian. My heart falls into my boots. I don't even acknowledge his presence I sit on the chair nearest the tv with Kate and Carrick on the settee. Christian slumps into the other chair his eyes never leave me but I refuse to look at him.
Carrick asks me lots of questions and Kate too, He has an appointment to meet Ethan this afternoon so he is covering all the bases. It would appear he has had an in-depth chat with Christian too judging by some of the questions. I try to answer as many as I can but I still don't remember much. Kate knows much more than I thought though and answers lots of questions. He then reads me both of my statements, I am shocked that I don't remember but he reassures me that as I was drugged the evidence stands for its self without me remembering. He goes into great detail about the class action suit, I don't understand half of what he says but when he mentions compensation I stop him.
"I don't want money Mr Grey" I state. He gives me a long hard look
"You are entitled to it Miss Steele" I return his look
"That as may be but I don't bloody want it! Give it to charity or don't claim money for me I just want justice, I want him imprisoned for a very long time" I state
"As you wish Miss Steele, If you could sign this form here, here and here that will prevent you getting compensation now and in the future. I do not recommend this, and that will be noted and you must witness that too" He is very cold towards me.
"Fine whatever! Are we done now." I reply as icily
"Yes for now I will speak with Mr Kavanagh this afternoon" He says while he tidies his papers into his briefcase. "I will need your decision about the class action though, If you want him put away for a long time you will need to join"
"Yes I know that already Mr Grey, and I've made my decision. I will do it, on one condition"
"Yes Miss Steele what would that be?"
"I would like an apology from your son" I state simply. Christian looks appalled by the suggestion of such a thing.
"I'm sure that can be arranged, can't it Christian?" He says.
"Oh, I'm sorry Mr Grey! I think you misunderstood. I meant Elliot" I state. Kate beams at me she understands why im doing this.
"Yes, yes of course Miss Steele we will be leaving now. I will send Elliot round" He looks perplexed by the entire exchange. Christian looks like he's going to explode! Oh well he deserves it him and his money bags father!
Elliot appears bang on lunch time. I am busy in the kitchen making lunch today we are having chicken and broccoli pasta with a cheese sauce. Its my version of comfort food, that and its easy to make! I don't hear the door so get the fright of my life when i feel a hand on my shoulder spinning me round.
"What the hell are you playing at?" nice apology!
"What?"
"Ana why are you being a class A bitch to my brother?"
"That is NONE of your business!" How dare he walk into my flat and pick a fight
"Oh I think you'll find it is!"
"Why is that then?"
"Because the stupid son of a bitch has left Ana. He went from here to the airport and got on the first plane to Seattle" Im dumbstruck. I didn't think he would really leave me. I thought we, oh I don't know what I thought but we've blown it now!
"I didn't know. It's not like I could have stopped him! He's turned into a right bastard and that was not my doing!" I shouted at him
"Ana you make him better! He IS an irrational son of a bitch, he does act like a complete brat when he doesn't get what he wants. Right now Ana he wants you and he can't have you, he is on full-scale self destruct!"
"Elliot, Im sorry if this sounds cold but you didn't hear what he said to me, I don't think I can help you"
"Jesus Ana! He said you were stubborn but have a fucking heart!"
"Yeah your brother is all that isn't he? Did Daddy send you round so he doesn't have to buy me off?"He stares at me incredulously.
"You really don't know do you?"
"Dont know what Elliot?"
"Who he is!"
"Yes I do he is an arsehole!"
"Not what I meant Ana! He's Christian fucking Grey! You know Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc?" I shrug so he continues "He's a fucking billionaire Ana! How did you NOT know?"
"He never said and anyway what does it change? He's still a complete wanker"
"Ana, jesus will you just listen before you pan the guy! He had a breakdown! A complete nervous breakdown, his company was on the verge of collapse! He nearly lost it all. Our sister Mia stepped in and took over at Grey House while Dr Flynn, his therapist took him to a psychiatric hospital in Canada. He came here when he was discharged. He didn't tell you any of that did he?" He says. I can feel my anger building, why didn't he just tell me?
"No he didn't fucking tell me instead he insulted me and called me a nobody! I told him I fucking loved him and he called me a NOBODY Elliot can you begin to understand how much that hurt?! I gave him my fucking virginity and he accused me of being a gold digger!" I yell unable to mask my feelings anymore. The tears are spilling down my face, "He broke me yesterday Elliot so don't come to me for help, I can't give you it."
He looks down
"He left you this" He hands me and envelope with my name on it.
Dearest Ana,
I'm so sorry for my behavior. I have been awful. I promise you will never hear from me again what I have done is unforgivable, I played on your weakness to make myself stronger. I am truly sorry.
Good bye forever my love
Christian x
I can feel the hairs raising on the back of my neck something is wrong, something is very wrong!
"Elliot you need to find him. I think he's going to do something really stupid" I hand him the note he briefly reads it. His face turns ashen.
"Shit, we need to get on a plane now Ana. Will you come to Seattle? He needs you." Elliot begs. I look into his pleading eyes.
In that split second I make a decision that may change the outcome of my life forever.

Hope you liked it please leave a review
CarrieJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment