Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 16 Kidnapped?


A/N: All characters belong to E. L. James
Sorry about the update coming so late two of my kids are ill so updating is not my priority. As for the rose question, I always believed yellow was for friendship, white was for sorrow and red was for love. These are my personal beliefs though so you can disagree with me if you want. Anyway thankyou for all the brilliant reviews for the last chapter! Hope you like this one as much!
Enjoy...

I open my mouth and clamp my teeth around his finger, I bite will all the force I can manage.
"Fuck Ana! What did you bite me for? He whispers.
"Christian?" I look into his haunted eyes.
"Ana it's not safe for you to be here. You shouldn't have come"
"Oh yeah, like that was gonna happen? I got your note! Fuck I thought you were going to kill yourself you fucking idiot!" I whisper back at him angrily. I don't know why we are whispering but we are.
"Ana, go back to Taylor. DON'T tell anyone you saw me! OK?"
"No it's not fucking ok! You need to tell me what the fuck is going on! Have you gone psychotic on me? Are you having some kind of mental break?"
"Ana, When you get back to the house tell Taylor to call Flynn, he will know why, just go now Ana, you can't stay with me." He pushes me back through the hedges. I try to fight my way back to where I just was but I can't find him it's like he's vanished. I spend another ten minutes fighting with the hedges but its useless. When I emerge I am shocked by the scene that confronts me.
"Taylor" I scream when I see the mass destruction of the garden. The bench I had been on is in pieces on the grass. The plants look like someone rampaged through with a lawnmower and half of the path slabs have been destroyed. Someone with some serious issues has been here. Did Christian do this?
Taylor rushes over to me.
"Take me inside please, now please im not safe here" I say to him. He nods understanding. It's as if im using a secret code that only he and Christian know. When we get in he takes me to the panic room. He goes to leave me there.
"Taylor could you call Flynn?" I ask. He spins round and stares at me his eyes wide with shock.
"You saw him? He came near you? Are you hurt?"
"Could you call Flynn" I repeat.
"Yes Ma'am. You're safe in here. He won't come for you tonight. You need to leave here first thing I'll have Sawyer take you to Bellevue. Thats where your friend Miss Kavanagh is."
"Thank you Taylor" I smile at him, he nods, pulling out his phone as he leaves.
The door knocks what feels like a couple of hours later, but given I don't have any knowledge of the time it could be ten minutes or ten days!
"Who is it?" I shout
"Sawyer Ma'am." he says "I'm here to take you to Bellevue"
"Okay" I press the button to let him in. When the door opens I realise its morning. I am knackered.
"Did Taylor do what I requested?"
"Yes Ma'am"
"My name is Ana, I'm not the queen!"
"Sorry Ana" he replies. I follow him through the house to find room upon room of destruction. I guess the panic room is sound proofed either that or every room is but who in their right mind would do that?
"Do you know where Christian is?"
"You would have to talk to Taylor about that Ma, Ana"
"Can I then? Talk to Taylor I mean?"
"Yes, I'll just get him for you Mm Ana" he scurries off leaving me in the kitchen. I hear a noise behind me and see a shadow moving towards me I'm about to scream when a woman walks into the kitchen
"Good morning would you like a drink? Or something to eat?" She asks
"A cup of Decaf tea would be amazing if you have some" I reply trying to hide my surprise.
"Sorry if I startled you Miss Steele. I'm Mrs Jones the housekeeper."
"Oh okay." She hands me a large mug of tea. Taylor appears in the doorway looking rather disheveled. He approaches me warily.
"Good morning Miss Steele"
"Morning Taylor. Where is Christian?" I ask, his eyebrows shoot up at my bluntness.
"Ma'am, I don't know where he is."
"Don't bullshit me Taylor. You know where he is, and what the fuck is going on, and seeing as though I'm stuck in the middle of this I deserve, strike that, I demand to know!" I have to stop myself grabbing the man and shaking him. He looks me in the eye
"You are right of course Miss Steele, but I can't Mr Grey had forbidden it" his body language betrays him and lets me know that if I push him he will tell me. "It's safer if you don't know"
"According to whom Taylor? You or Christian, because right now, if this whole message comes from him he can shove it! I'll bloody stay here and talk to him myself!" Taylor looks shocked.
"Miss Steele, have you spoken to him?"
"That is none of your business." I reply curtly.
"I think you have." I blush and avoid his gaze, I always was crap at lying. " I wondered why you wanted to see Flynn! He will tell you everything you need to know." He goes to leave, I stop him
"I want Flynn to come here and im going nowhere until ive spoken to him." He nods and leaves the room. Mrs Jones reappears from wherever she hides with a plate of sandwiches for me.
"You need to eat Miss Steele" she says kindly
"Call me Ana please. Thank you for the food."
I move to the large table with my mug and plate. Im hungrier than I thought and eat it quickly. I get up and go for a walk around this huge house. I find a lovely undamaged living room, its got wood floors and two beautiful big comfy sofas that when you sit you sink into them. I sit and sip my tea thinking through the last few days, what a blur! I had or possibly have a gorgeous boyfriend that may or may not be a psycho! How do I get myself into these kind of situations? Now I'm apparently in great danger yet I stay? I love him and he needs me, nothing will make me leave. I hope Taylor got that. I hope to hell Christian gets that! I am interrupted from my reverie by a man walking into the room
"John Flynn" He says in a very English accent possibly a Londoner? He trusts his hand towards me. I politely shake it in return.
"Ana Steele, pleased to meet you Mr Flynn"
"You're Scottish? Oh and please call me John!"
"Yeah I'm a Stirling girl. I met Christian when he came to stay with Elliot" I can't help smiling as I say his name. "How do you know him? and why does he want me to talk to you?" I ask
"I'm his therapist Miss Steele" Oh! How did I not know that? I'm sure Carrick probably told me but I had a lot to take in and im sure parts of my brain are made of swiss cheese!
"Right...and? Why did he want me to see you?"
"He obviously feels you need to know whats going on."
"Fine tell me then"
"You'll have to forgive me Miss Steele I'm going to have to start at the beginning and there may be things that will upset you."
"I know about Maria." He looks stunned. "Carrick told me, and about his breakdown and hospitalization, oh and I know he was suicidal. And please call ma Ana"
"Yes of course Ana. Mr Grey senior has obviously filled you in on quite a lot, although I'm surprised he told you about his suicidal thoughts, I didn't think he knew"
"Of course he does! He read the flipping note!"
"What note?"
"This one" I pull the note from my pocket and hand it to John. He scans it over.
"Oh! Now I see why you came. He was suicidal before when he first broke down in his apartment, he tried to break out through security glass so that he could jump from the balcony. He lives on the top floor of a very tall building." I can't stop the gasp that escapes me. I knew he had thoughts but not that he'd tried to act on them! "Ana, his mental health is still extremely fragile, he has called me since he came home and told me a bit about a fight, he gets extremely agitated when he can't handle a situation. He says things he doesn't mean, he..
"I told him that I love him" I interrupt I don't want to hear his excuses from his shrink! "He freaked out, we had a massive fight and I left. We saw each other the next day and I wanted to run into his arms but I couldn't instead I was a complete bitch because I felt rejected and manipulated by him." He looks surprised and nods along with everything I say.
"Ana you reacted normally. Christian however, like I was saying, has a problem processing his feelings. I believe, based on what you have told me and what Taylor has said, that Christian is suffering from a psychiatric condition maybe bipolar disorder or possibly even schizophrenia. I need to see him to conduct tests. He needs admitted to hospital. Do you know where he is Ana?"
"I don't know"
"Have you seen him" I don't answer he made me promise and I can't break that. "Ana if it's not psychiatric then he may have a brain tumour, it can cause all these symptoms too."
"I've seen him" I say dropping my head and staring at my lap.
"When? Where?"
"I can't tell you, but I will bring him here. You need to leave it to me." I look up expecting to see fury instead I see the understanding in his eyes.
"Ana I know you love him, but you need to be careful. In his current state he is unstable he may hurt you unintentionally during a psychotic episode. You are risking your life going to find him."
"I know but I have to he doesn't trust anyone else."
"Taylor brought him here" I'm stunned
"What? Taylor knew where he was the whole time?"
"He thought you might snap him out of it. Until he saw the red rose"
"He's not fucking dead Mr Flynn and when I spoke to him he seemed fine!" I shout at him, "fuck the god dammed flowers, he left a symbol of love for me not a symbol of death! He loves me I know he does!"
I jump up from the sofa and storm out the room and out the house. I pick my way through the garden to where the bench once stood. I clear some of it away and lay two of the short broken planks side by side and sit on them watching the water. I wait. I know he will come for me, I hope it's my Christian that comes. I laugh at the irony of the situation, yesterday I was waiting to see if he was dead or alive today im waiting to see if I'll end up dead or alive.
"Something funny?" The voice booms from behind me.

I know I know another cliffhanger... hopefully will update tomorrow but no promises! It could be Monday.
CarrieJ

No comments:

Post a Comment