Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 4 Where Am I?


A/N All characters belong to E. . Hope you enjoy this one! I'm on Facebook Carriej Fanfic I'm gonna try to post some spoilers on there for you.

As I come to, AGAIN! I have a vague awareness of whats going on around me, I can hear a familiar blip, blip, blip, hang on it's a heartbeat, I can feel a pinch on my finger like a clip, it's MY heartbeat! I can feel something round my arm like a soft cuff, I force my eyes to open. I am in a very large white room, surrounded by machines, yep im on a heart monitor, it is a BP cuff on my arm I have a drip too! Oh and there is a plaster cast on my left arm but it just feels numb, and my legs feel like they are made of lead. I must have been sedated or something? I try to move.
"Ahhh" I moan in pain, so ok if I don't move it doesn't hurt, but if I do move I feel like I've been steamrollered! I can hear footsteps approaching my bed along with a familiar scent that almost knocks me back out again!
"Oh Ana, baby! We have been so worried! Why didn't you call us? You have nothing to be embarrassed about you know it happens to lots of girls and oh..."
"Mum!" I interrupt "I'm so glad to see you! Is Dad here too?" I croak out wow I could really use a drink right now!
"Of course he's here! Ray? RAY! Ana wants to see you shes awake now! Our baby is awake!" She is almost crying. I guess Kate told her what happened, last thing I remember was being in the flat... something about a cuppa? My memories seem scattered its like I have snapshots but can't quite see the big picture?!
"Oh sweetheart! We have been so worried about you! Who knows what would have happened if Mr Grey hadn't brought you here! I shudder to think!" My dad whispers the last part as he bends down to scoop me into a hug. All of a sudden I'm in tears I don't quite know why but, god, it feels good!
"Where am I? How long have I been here?" I ask quietly "Can I have some water please?"
"I'll get the nurse and I'll tell Mr Grey your awake he's been rather anxious, Carla I'll leave this to you." My dad says as he hurries out the room leaving me and mum alone, obviously he's decided that she's going to tell me because she's shooting him daggers as he darts away.
"You are in a private room in hospital," She starts "You have a broken arm and a skull fracture. Ana you have been in a coma for three days. We have been sitting by your bedside since Christian called, he told us you were attacked in a pub and given some drug that caused you to faint, when you did you hit something that caused a small skull fracture and over time your brain began to swell causing you to go in and out of conciousness it's also why you attacked him in his car..." His car? I attacked him?...Oh I have a small flash of that I remember him shouting my name but it went black... I can't remember...
"But mum why don't I remember?" I ask trying to get things straight in my head.
"I don't know Ana the doctor says it'll take time and some of it might never come back. I'm so sorry baby" My mother says soothingly "I think you should talk to Christian he might help bring some memories back"
"How exactly would I do that? I don't know him Mum! I only met him on Saturday! Do I send out some kind of telepathic message? Oh Christian I want to see you could you come to my hospital room now please!" I say sarcastically. There's a knock at the door. Mum and I look at the door as Christian apears we look at each other and just shake our heads. Oh my god this guy is good!
"Miss Steele, I heard from your father your awake I hope you don't mind me coming up to see you. Hello again Mrs Steele." Well if I didn't feel woozy before I sure as hell do now!
"Carla!" She says insistently "Please call me Carla, Mrs Steel is my mother-in-law!" Then she quickly jumps to her feet and motions Christian to take her chair. She stoops over me and gently kisses my cheek, before nodding and leaving the room.
"Miss Steele? My name is Ana!" I maybe shouldnt have started with that he looks slightly offended but hell I'm lying in a hospital bed not even sure of the time of day and he's using bloody formalities! He leans over with a small cup of water and puts the straw in my mouth. I gulp thirstily.
"Yes I know that, I was being polite Anastasia! I hope you aren't this grumpy all the time and that it's just the drugs talking!" That cheeky bugger!
"I do apologise Mr Grey!" I say as insincerely as possible still gripping the straw with my teeth "However I am grateful you brought me here and called my parents, and I prefer Ana" I seem to have appeased him as he relaxes into the chair. I take my time to get a good look at him and he looks rough! His shirt is all wrinkled, his hair is all over the place almost as if he's been constantly running his hands through it. He looks like he's not slept for days, that's just weird! On top of it all he's grown a beard? In spite of all that he still looks mega sexy! I am almost drooling over him, shit I AM actually drooling! How disgusting! He says nothing he just pulls out a handkerchief and wipes my chin gently then places the used hankie on the table beside the bed. "Thankyou" I mutter totally self consciously, I can't say I blame him if this guy runs for the hills now! He's seen me drool! Bleugh!
"You're welcome! You really gave me a fright in the car Anastasia!" He says looking worriedly at me
"I, uh, don't remember that, can you tell me what happened?" I try to sound like I want to know, in actual fact I really don't, how much more of a prat of myself could I have possibly made? Why oh why does he insist on calling me Anastasia!
"Are you sure you want to hear this?" he looks at me almost as if he's reading my mind
"Yes" I reply firmly.
"Well I carried you from your apartment to the car, you made some comments about not knowing about the NHS, Do you remember that?"
"Kinda, I suppose, yes the bald guy was going the wrong way!" I remember the panicky feeling. It begins bubbling up in my stomach, but I know my Mum is lurking at the door so I'm safe here.
"Yes, you believed Taylor was going in the wrong direction, then you seemed to pass out, you quickly came back round and tried to open the car door and jump out. Sorry I had to restrain you, and you lost conciousness again but this time you wouldn't wake up, I thought I'd hurt you. I'm sorry I got you here and got you this room and the best doctors in the country to look after you." Oh, that's a lot to take in! I tried to jump from a moving vehicle? He restrained me? With what? This is too much information but I need to know.
"How did I attack you?" I ask timidly, because im seriously scared of the answer.
"Well, you tried to hit me and scratch me, but it's fine Ana. I'm a big boy you didn't hurt me." Oh thats a lot more to digest. Im exhausted!
"I'm feeling tired again now could you leave?" I ask him politely. I need time by myself to figure all this out.
"Yes of course! I didn't mean to overwhelm you Anastasia, I just want you better. The doctor will be in soon to check you I let her know you are awake" He does seem keen to show he cares.
"Yeah... sure... I'll see you later?..." My eyelids are heavy and drawing themselves down I'm sure I feel his lips gently brush my forehead before I fall into a dreamless sleep.

When I awaken I'm alone in the room, the heart monitor is gone as is the BP cuff only the drip remains in the back of my hand. I take a good look around I must be quite high up as I can see the Clyde and the city below from my window. I can also see lots of vases of flowers in every colour imaginable! Oh I need to pee, how is this gonna work? I look around and see a small button so I press it (I hope it's the nurse call button and not the fire alarm...). A small brown-haired woman shuffles into my room, she has a big smile and I immediately like her!
"Hello Ana, I'm Donna your named nurse. What can I get for you hen?" she asks with her Glaswegian twang.
"Hi Donna, I need the loo..." Donna lets out a big belly laugh, I don't get it, what's so funny?
"Oh hen did no one tell you?" I shake my head "You've got a catheter in, you were in a coma!" She gently squeezes my arm. I flinch and she let's go.
"Oh but im awake now and im bursting Donna! Can you take it out?" I practically beg her.
"Aye okay then. But I'll need to go get Tina to help me get you through to the loo." She reluctantly goes to get her colleague. She's back quickly and the two of them soon have me up and in the bathroom, I have to call it that coz its HUGE! There is a tub and a separate shower, this place is more like a hotel! If it wasnt for the emergency pull cords I'd swear it was!
"Thanks Donna, Cheers Tina!" I smile at them once I'm back in bed.
"Would you like some soup for lunch? The carts due round in a minute, it's chicken today" Donna asks me
"Yes please! could I get a drink of water too?" I ask enthusiastically. Donna smiles and nods.
"Do you want me to send in your boyfriend too?" she asks
"I don't have a boyfriend Donna" Now I'm confused unless she's taking the piss out of me!
"Oh OK then! Do you want me to send through the drop dead gorgeous guy that brought you in and hasn't left since?" Wow, Christians been here this whole time?
"Yes please." I say quietly stunned by this new information.
"Darlin' could you get him to wash? He's starting to scare the other visitors!" Donna jokes, or at least I hope she's joking! I smile and nod at her.

Ten minutes later Christian Grey is standing at the end of my bed looking even more disheveled than he did last time I saw him! He has Kate and Elliot with him too. I'm so happy to see them!
"Hey guys!" I can barely contain my excitement although my body is forcing me to!
"Ana! Oh My God I've been so worried about you, I've barely slept!" Kate gushes at me
"Yeah right Kate! I'M the reason you've barely slept?" I glance at Elliot and see him turning a lovely shade of red, I knew it! Kate just throws me a withering look and takes Elliot's hand and they sit at one side and Christian sits at the other side of my bed.
"So what did the doctor say?" Kate asks
"Erm..."
"She's making brilliant progress she's a lot further on in her recovery than they thought she'd be." Christian answers for me. I look at him stunned, how does he know more about my condition than I do? "The Doctor came round earlier but let you sleep, I was sitting with you when he came in" He explains.
"Oh okay..." I'm still slightly surprised I barely know this guy and he's been keeping up a bedside vigil? Really? Donna walks in with my soup and a big jug of iced water.
"Only one visitor during mealtimes so two of you have to go" Donna states looking at me. Oh I guess I choose who leaves then.
"Thankyou for coming Elliot it was lovely to see you again, maybe you should take Kate out for lunch and come back when your done?" I suggest. Kate looks both disappointed and eager, but hugs me and leaves with Elliot's arm wrapped around her waist. Lucky cow! I wish I could stand let alone have some gorgeous American take me out to lunch!
"It's rude to stare!" Christian murmurs to me. I turn to face him. I look longingly at him, please kiss me Christian! I need this it will make me better! I beg him with my eyes. His eyes stare into my thoughts and almost instantly he swoops down and presses his lips to my forehead gently.
"Why did you stay Christian?" I ask "Was it just because you felt guilty?"
"I suppose at first maybe, but I just couldn't leave you here Ana" Now he calls me Ana! "I need you to be better first and even then I don't think I can leave you Ana! You are the most beautiful woman I've ever set eyes on!" He's looking deep in my eyes as he says it. Swoon! A declaration of desire if ever I've heard one! I lift my cast onto his shoulder and turn to face him running my fingertips through his hair as best I can and pull him towards me, ignoring the pain shooting through my body. He places his hands on either side of my face and pulls me in closer. We are locked into each others eyes and getting closer, I can feel his breath on my lips. I pause to drink in the moment, I'm about to be kissed for the first time! I press my lips gently onto his, he presses back pushing me back into my pillow, I moan allowing his exploration of my mouth to continue. I explore his in return, this is amazing! I can feel his passion flowing out of him and into me. This feels euphoric! It's like time is standing still, nothing else matters apart from me and Christian and whats happening now! "I've wanted to do that since I caught you in the pub!" he breathes when we eventually break off.
"Why didn't you then?" I'm genuinely interested
"Oh I don't know. I'm a foolish man!"
"That you are! You could have saved me a shed load of pain!"
"It's complicated Ana. A lot more complicated than you know right now. I've never met someone like you. You say it how it is, you have a go at me?! I've never had people stand up to me."
"Why not? Are you a posh boy with a country pile and a huge wad of cash that everyone lets you away with murder?!" I giggle at him, I see him squirm uncomfortably and look at his feet. Oh shit I'm right! "Seriously?" he nods still looking down.
"I come from a good family, my moms a Doctor and my Dads a lawyer, we never struggled for anything Anastasia."
"So? Do you think any of that matters? I have to admit I'm sexually attracted to you Christian I don't know if it's anything more I've never been in a relationship before, plus I'm in a weird head space right now what with the whole Jose/Jack thing and the coma! I liked the kissing though!" I grin at him like a school girl he grins back, at that moment Donna comes striding in.
"Ana you need to eat! I'll put this one out too if you don't!" She says smiling and shaking her head.
"I was just about to! I swear" I say to Donna "And Christian was just going to get some clothes brought in and have a shower if that's ok" I add winking at her. Christian does do a great goldfish impression too! Donna and I both laugh, as Christian retrieves his phone and steps away to make a call. Donna smiles and leaves after placing the tray of food over the bed.
"Taylor will be in shortly and I'll take a shower as you insist!" he says with a wicked gleam in his eye. I can't help it but my eyes roam all over his body wondering exactly what he's hiding under all those clothes. I see him watching me checking him out and I blush! He just laughs and whispers "I saw you! Now eat your soup Miss Steele I'm away for a shower" He heads over to the door and steps out leaving me alone with thoughts of his body and the sound of the cascading water.
I will try to update tomorrow I'm ony half way through chapter five and starting to struggle...
Leave a review
Thanks CarrieJ

No comments:

Post a Comment