Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 7 The Discussion


A/N: All characters belong to E. L. James
I've been wondering about writing a chapter covering Christians point of View on certain Key moments, Like the catch in the pub, the fight or possibly just from their hotel room experience together onwards including the cryptic call to his dad in the last chapter. If you would like that then Facebook me (Carriej Fanfic) or P.M or leave a review Thankyou to all those who are reading my story and following. I'll not make big sis cry this time... Still love you though x x x
Enjoy...

My Mum and Dad were on fine form when we arrived, Christian got given the grand tour of my childhood home by my Dad whilst I got dragged into the kitchen to help my mother with dinner! Even I must admit that, for once, my Mother surpassed herself! Dinner was sublime! She had gone all out and made three courses, a lovely bowl of ham and vegetable soup followed by the main of steak and chips with veg and a peppercorn sauce (I wish she'd cooked like this when I lived at home!) finished off with chranachan, my favourite! I'm just glad my parents didn't notice what was going on under the table during dinner! When Christians hands were sliding up my thighs I thought that I was going to combust where I sat! I was just beginning to return the favour when Dad decided to drag us into the lounge and give us all a glass of whiskey where my parents chorused slainte! Much to Christians amusement and my mortification! Dinners are not normally like this in my house, I'm sure my parents have gone all out on the Scottish front to impress their American guest, did I mention the tartan tablecloth and napkins? Sometimes parents can be so embarrassing! My mum is even wearing a kilt! Fortunately I did mention to Christian that they would probably be like this on the journey through after the phone call *shudder* I started babbling the whole time and only shut up when we arrived. After spending two hours in the company of Carla and Ray Steele and one hour with the additional company of Duncan and Irene from next door we are eventually able to leave! As much as I love my parents sometimes they can be a bit overbearing! Did they REALLY have to show Christian the photo albums of me from birth to five? Plus all the awkward photos from both primary and high school?!
"Oh my god that was torturous! I'm so sorry you had to endure that!" I exclaim apologetically one we are safely in the back seat of the car.
"Anastasia, that was the most fun I've had since I've been in this country!" He genuinely proclaims back. We both start to laugh at how different we are. When we stop I realise it's time to address the elephant in the room that has been lurking since I took that god awful call.
"So what are we doing about Mr Hyde?" I ask very quietly, I know he heard me because his intent gaze dropped from mine for a couple of seconds before he regained his composure, but he said nothing. "Christian? Did you hear me?" I repeat a bit louder this time.
"Yes, I heard you. This just isn't the time or the place Ana." Huh what's that supposed to mean? He averts his eyes from me and down to his blackberry. I can see he's reading so I stare vacantly out the window.
"Taylor could you take the next right please?" I ask. He looks uncertainly at Christian who nods so he makes the turn. "Keep going straight till I tell you to stop. Thank you" I say. We drive in silence for another ten minutes before I get Taylor to pull over in a passing place on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I get out of the car.
"Ana? Where are you going?" He asks incredulously.
"Well Christian I presumed that you might tell me whatever it is here and now, there is no one else here, apart from Taylor and judging from the look on his face he already knows! So will you just bloody tell me and stop acting like some arrogant bafoon!" I shout at him as loudly as I can. I hope he can feel my rage, he's treating me like a child and I'm 21 for gods sake!
"OK, OK!" he backs down. "I've been trying to work up to telling you all day Ana. My Dad called earlier, while you were asleep, Jack is still in Scotland he will be here until you testify against him, unless you are willing to come to America and testify there. It's the only way to make sure the bastard goes down."
"I...I...have to...testify?" I gulp
"I thought you knew Ana, but after today I guessed you didn't. My Dad is willing to come over here and be your attorney if you want the trial here, otherwise you can join the class action suit my Dad has put together at home. You're the first one to get away Ana, you are the star witness."
"Go to America? What? When? I don't know Christian. How long for? I need time to process this..." I stammer
"My Dad is flying out here he should be here in a couple of days one he's finished doing some stuff for the class action. He will still need your statement and a copy of the one you gave the police Ana"
"I gave a statement? When?" I asked puzzled I thought I had all my memories back but obviously not!
"Oh shit Ana do you not remember that? It wasn't long after the fight in the pub Kate said they came to your apartment, they also showed up at the hospital they were with you for hours!" he shares with me.
"Christian can you take me home please" I need time to think with no interruptions this is a lot to take in!
"Yeah of course I can" he turns me back towards the car I hadn't even realised I'd been walking away from. "Taylor could you take us back to Miss Steele's apartment"
"No, I mean my parents house Christian. I want my Mum" I start to sob, I can't help it. It's not every day your boyfriend of two weeks tells you that there is a serial rapist after you that you have identified and made statements to the police about without your own knowledge and to top it off he ends with a come to America and put him away. Not exactly how I imagined Christian inviting me to see his country for the first time!
"Ok Ana, it's ok we are going back to your Moms house. Dont cry baby, please don't cry." He holds me as close as he can considering we are both belted in. I rest my head heavily on his chest I can hear his heart beating loud and strong. It gives me comfort. He quickly pulls out his mobile to tell my Mum what's been going on and that we are on our way back I don't pay much attention after that. I know when he's done as he wraps his arms around me and holds me tight, I know in this moment I have never felt safer.
When we arrive at Mum and Dads, my Mum is waiting for me. Dad takes Christian through to the lounge and Mum and me head for her bedroom. We cozy up on her bed and I finally let out everything that has been going on in my head, It's cathartic to say the least! I even accidentally manage to tell her that I lost my virginity, she just smiles and tells me she'd guessed earlier! She tells me about when her and Dad got together and how romantic it all was with walks in the park and candle light dinners. She even goes as far as to tell me about her wedding night...YUCK! There are some parts of your parents lives that should be private! We talk about Jack Hyde and I tell her about all my options, she tries her best to help me remember about the witness statement I gave as she was there?! I'm beginning to get small glimmers of what I said but I don't know if they are my memories or what I'm being told. I'm emotionally drained by the time I've finnished talking so she just holds me and rocks me like she did when I was little and hums rock-a-bye-baby to me till I fall asleep.
I awaken in the morning in my mum and dad's guest room, its my old room but I don't mind them having converted it. I feel a lot happier to have talked but I'm still tired as I didn't get much sleep. Christian is sitting in the chair at the end of the bed watching me.
"Morning beautiful" he says gently, moving gracefully out of the chair and up beside me. He places his lips gently on mine in the softest sweetest kiss I've ever had!
"Morning, how long have you been sitting there?" i ask
"Not long I had to bribe your Mom to let me in here! She said you need your beauty sleep and that if I woke you you'd be a... what was it hmm... crabby... something or other!" He laughed a proper hearty laugh, I couldn't help but smile!
"She has always called me a crabby abbey if I don't get enough sleep!"
"That's it that's what she called you!" He laughed again, I rolled my eyes at him.
"It's not that funny!" I pouted
"Oh I see what she means crabby abbey! Eye rolling and pouting, you might want to learn to control your crankiness Ana you never know what kind of trouble you might get into!" He smiles with a wicked gleam in his eye. There was something almost threatening about the way he said that. Threatening but sexy as hell! I smile up at him lustily trying to change the mood. "Miss Steele you might want to control yourself! We are in a room in your parents house and when you orgasm you are very very loud!" Oh! I didn't know that. I can still feel myself squirm at the thought of how close he is to me. I slide my good arm down his front and yeah, as I thought he's as horny as me!
"Mr Grey it seems you're as pleased to see me as I am you" I state stroking him through his trousers.
"Miss Steele I'm very sorry for any confusion, I said we couldn't have sex, not that seeing you lying here, I presume naked under those bed-clothes, isn't turning me on!" He laughs at me sensually. So I decide to throw back the covers and give him a proper eyeful! He looks longingly at my naked body his fingers reach out and graze my nipples as if he just cant help himself. He quickly pulls back. "Oh Ana, Ana, Ana! What will I do with you? I should spank you for that, showing of the forbidden fruit when I cannot eat from the tree! I think you need to get up and dressed before I can't help myself and your Mother hears you come loudly, more that once!"
"Is that a threat or a dare Mr Grey?" I say salaciously before I roll myself on top of him.
"You are a naughty girl Miss Steele aren't you?"
"Oh yes sir I think I might be..." I lick my lips and stare into his sparkling grey eyes. He rolls me over so he is on top, and kisses me, deeply and passionately. Oh I want him so badly I can feel a familiar burning deep down inside me and it feels like he is fanning the flames.
He jumps off me and walks back to the chair.
"Enough now Ana we have a lot to talk about today and we have all the time in the world for everything else" He adds a cheeky wink. "Get dressed baby, and I'll go and see where your Mom is"
"Christian" I shout before he leaves my room "Where did you stay last night?"
"Here Ana. Where else would I be?"
"What about Taylor?"
"He went back to the hotel to do some tidying up!" He smirks " He also slept there, In a different room Ana so don't look quite so appalled" Thank god I breathe a sigh of relief, I don't want Taylor sleeping in the bed where I lost my virginity! That would be, well, awkward!
He leaves the room. I get up and go through the drawers, Mum lets me keep somethings here for when I visit, in fact she insists I keep things here! I find clean knickers and a bra, then I pull out a light blue strappy top and matching long cardigan that Mum gave me for christmas and a pair of comfy jeans, I look a bit scruffy but only because I keep my nice stuff in my flat!
"Mum!" I yell, I can hear her footsteps coming up the hall.
"Yes sweetie?" she says poking her head round the door.
"Can you help me dress please?" I ask her, she raises her eyebrows in silent question, I know she's asking why Christian didn't help but I just smile sweetly at her.
"Yes of course!" She looks almost gleeful! "Oh Ana you're not wearing that are you?" She asks pointing at my selected clothes for today.
"Well, erm, yeah I am, I don't have much here you see..." I tail off
"I'll pick you something that will impress your young man" She says. When she turns away I roll my eyes I know whats coming before she's actually found it! "Ah yes here we go!" She comes out of my old wardrobe carrying a lemon dress with small white daisies printed on it, I never really liked it, and wore it once when I was 17! She goes into my drawers and finds a lemon cardigan to match. "Perfect!" She exclaims once she has dressed me. "Come on I cant wait to see your young man's face"
"Muuum! His name is Christian!" I sound like a stroppy teenager but show me a child that can go into their parents house and not regress to teenage angst at times and I'll show you a liar!
"Yes sweetie I know that." She bites back at me still with the butter wouldn't melt smile plastered on her face. "Ahhh there you are Mr Grey, good morning Mr Taylor, sorry you both had to wait for my bone idle daughter but you know if she doesn't get her sleep she is a real crabby abbey!" Oh I think I just died! Both Christian and Taylor look at my mum and smile and nod politely "Anastasia, come and show the gentlemen how pretty you look" I walk into the room Christian's jaw drops. Taylor manages a bit more self-control, I do hope they aren't going to laugh at me!
"Ana! You look...Stunning! That's it I'm taking you out to lunch! Mrs Steele would you care to join us?" I'm puzzled I look like a 21-year-old Barbie! I'm sure as hell not going out looking like this!
"Erm, I think ill need to change first. Is it not a bit cold outside today?" I try to get Christian to notice the pleading in my eyes!
"No Ana it's lovely outside!" My mother bursts in with "I would love to have lunch with you but I promised I'd go out with one of the ladies from the bowling club today. Maybe another time, and it's Carla to you." She smiles and winks at me. What is it with folk winking at me today?!
"Of course Carla. Possibly Mr Steele and yourself could join us for dinner one night? Please call me Christian"
"We would love to Christian and you remember it's Carla and Ray! You're like family to us now the son we never had!" She fills up as she says it. Gee ta Mum glad to hear you'd have prefered a boy! She ushers us to the front door, Taylor slips out and starts the car. We both say goodbye to Mum as I don't quite know where I'm going to stay. I thank her for our chat last night it's the thing Mum's are best at, letting you vent then showing you how to see it all in a different light. I know now I have a big decision to make about Hyde's trial and it's not going to be easy, but hopefully once I've spoken to Mr Grey senior I'll be a lot more informed and that should make it more apparent what course of action I should take.

Hope you liked if you did review, or even if you didn't constructive criticism please all feedback is helpful!
Carriej x

No comments:

Post a Comment