Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 10 Christian Part OneOne


A/N All characters belong to E. L. James
Here is chapter 10 it's the first half of the story so far from Christians POV, there is another Christian Chapter to follow. I felt he needed more of a back story.
Enjoy...

SEATTLE
"I don't care, Do what the fuck you like Mia!" I yell. How the fuck dare she? I'm Christian Grey this is my company and she thinks she can just walk in and take over! I storm out of the meeting room and take the elevator back up to my office.
"Andrea, I need an appointment with Flynn as soon as possible!" I snap at my assistant.
"Yes Mr Grey" She is instantly on the phone. I stride by her and into my office, slamming the door behind me.
BEEP
Fucking intercom!
"What?" I snap
"Miss Grey is here for you sir" Andrea nervously replies.
"Tell her to fuck off!" I yell. Mia comes barging into my office with Flynn hot on her heels.
A FUCKING INTERVENTION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
"Christian, I think we should have a session with your sister, I think you need to hear her out" Flynn says
"When did I start paying you to decide what I did and didn't need to hear?" I snap. My fury is raging now one more thing and I'm gonna explode!
"Christian please." Mia says quietly
"Please what Mia? Sign over my company? Over my dead fucking body!"
"That's what worries me!" She replies.
"I think we should sit." Flynn beckons us towards my plush white couches.
"No I'm done" I stride out of the office hearing a chorus of 'Christians' and 'Mr Greys'. I wish they would all just fuck off!
I run down the stairs and out the front door. I ignore Taylor who wisely decides to keep his distance. I walk all the way back to Escala. I fume while I'm ascending in the elevator. I step out into my foyer. Sawyer opens the door. I stride past ignoring him. Gail is in the kitchen.
"Good afternoon Mr Grey can I get you something?" She asks. I don't mind Gail so I turn and head for my office ignoring her.
"Christian? Christian? Are you here?" Oh great! Who called my mother?! I don't reply I know Gail will tell her where I am anyway!
She bursts into the room. I am sitting slumped in my chair, with my head in my hands.
"What do you want mom?" I sob at her
"Oh honey I didn't want to believe them..." she tails off
"No Mom! I'm fine!" I struggle to breathe for the uncontrollable sobs let alone speak.
"Christian, you know I want what's best for you, don't you son?" She is trying to make eye contact so I divert my gaze from her. "John is here son, we have found you a facility that will help, it'll only be until you are well. I can't bear to watch this go on any longer. Your father has drafted the necessary paperwork for you to sign. If you won't then we will have you sectioned" She snapped firmly.
"No! I'm going nowhere!"
"Then I'm sorry son you've left us with no choice. John I need you" She shouted out the door.
"Christian you have left us with no choice other than to section you. I will accompany you to the Hospital. I am so sorry" Fucking Flynn how dare he! They must be kidding themselves if they think im just gonna walk out! I jump out of my seat and run into the living space. They seem to have predicted my reaction as Taylor and Sawyer are standing waiting for me. I'm trapped there is no way out. I look towards the balcony, I could jump then all this would be over, no explaining, no more therapy, whats the point of life anyway? I have no reason to hang around, no significant other no kids. Fuck it. I run to the door it's locked so I punch it with all my might, I see it splinter and bend but not break I punch it again and again. I feel nothing. I keep punching, I can see the blood splattered all down the glass but still I feel nothing, Its like there is a void in me. It's deep and its dark and I want to fall into it and be lost forever.
I don't even notice when Mom comes up behind me and injects a sedative into my arm. I still don't register the pain as I lurch forward and smack my face off the glass. The darkness swirls around me taunting me until it finally swallows me, giving me much longed for peace.
I am in the hospital for six months, I don't really remember the first few as they had me so drugged I was virtually comatose. I remember group therapy though. Why the fuck should I bother I don't want to be here. I am here against my will there is nothing wrong with me! My Mom visits every day, now there is a face I didn't want to see. She thinks I'm fucking crazy! But she keeps on coming, trotting out the same speech every time, crap about talking will make me better, how can it when there is nothing wrong. I have sessions daily with Flynn and some woman they talk about denial a lot, im not in denial there is nothing wrong. I notice the fog begins lifting from around me during the third month or is it the fourth? I only get pills now no injections anymore, I move rooms too. I share with Bobby, all he ever talks about is his pain in group, how he can't cope with his pain, I can't help shouting at him that I have pain too. I don't know where it came from but I can feel it. It's like ive been stabbed and I cry and cry, Flynn thinks it's a breakthrough, I don't understand.
"Why do I feel it John? It hurts so much! I don't know why!"
"Christian you have blocked the incident out that caused you this pain, you have it locked up tightly inside you and now it's time to let it go, you are safe here, everything you say to me is confidential. I have one question for you today. Why did you start seeing me Christian, what made you seek therapy?"
"I...I...can't remember..."I stammer, why can't I remember. I go into one of my rages and end up sedated in the padded room again, most of my sessions recently have ended like this. I just want to remember!
I've been stuck in this goddamned place for four? months now and I am beginning to remember bits about a brown-haired beautiful woman? I wonder what Flynn knows, so at our next session I tell him what I remember.
"Good Christian, your making brilliant progress, do you know how she is connected to you?"
"I was hoping you knew" I reply
"This is your journey Christian, you need to lead the way. I cannot help you with this." He sounds apologetic and for once im not angry I realise he's right.
"John, she is dead. The woman. She is gone." I breakdown in his office and sob and sob until I'm sick. The pain, oh the pain. I remember it all now. I fall silent and stare at him.
"Christian, are you ready to talk about this?"
"No"
We try again over the next few days until I walk in sit down and start talking.
"She was my girlfriend John. I loved her."
"What else do you recall" he prompts me
"Her name was Maria. It was a Friday afternoon, she called and said that she would be late coming over, she would probably be at Escala about eight thirty instead of our arranged six but that was OK I didn't mind, she said she could stay later on Sunday. When it got to nine I started to worry and got Taylor to track her cell. When he told me he'd tracked it to a hospital I knew. Before we could leave the Police arrived at the door. They told me that Maria had been in a car accident. It was a head on collision. The guy in the other car a Jack someone had walked away but my Maria had died at the scene." I broke down and sobbed for my love. I had only known her for three months but we were deeply in love.
"Do you know when this happened?"
"No, but it must have been a long time ago"
"Would it surprise you if I said it happened ten months ago?"
"Yes"
"Christian, we started grief therapy ten months ago. You became a recluse and a very angry man. You then became agoraphobic and could only make the journey to and from your office. You closed yourself up, You were there in body but that was all. Did you ever contemplate suicide Christian?"
"Yes, I wanted to escape into the void that had grown around me. I was empty and wanted to feel again."
"I thought as much. Tell me do you still feel suicidal?"
"No, I just feel very sad, and ashamed of myself."
"I think we have made enough progress for this session you need to rest and we can talk later."
I spend the next two months talking and healing. I never will forget Maria but now I can at least look at her picture without breaking down.
I'm glad when the time comes to leave the hospital. John has suggested a vacation for a couple of months, so I'm going to stay with Elliot. It really wouldn't be my first choice my brother and I are very different people, but he says Scotland is nice and it'll be good to get away from Mom!
Elliot meets me off the plane. He smells like a brewery!
"Yo, bro! How you doing?" He shouts at me
"Better" Oh fuck I see the press, fortunately Taylor is with me and manages to hide me from view.
"How do you fancy a night out tomorrow? I've got us a pair of girls, just keep your hands of the redhead she's mine, although the brunette is damn fine too!"
What an ass he's setting me up when I've just come out of a nervous breakdown caused by the death of my last girlfriend?
"Are you fucking serious?" I ask once we are safely in the car. Taylor got a SUV rental, it's ok but not as nice as the ones at home.
"What?" You need a night out Christian, Just because you're not on the market doesn't mean you can't go window shopping! And hell these girls are eye candy!" I roll my eyes at him. I know I can't win so it looks like a night out with Elliot.
"I could just about burst with excitement!" I say my voice bitter and dripping with sarcasm.
Jet lag is a bitch, I force myself to sleep, which, even with the aid of Flynn's pills is difficult but I manage. I get up around one the next afternoon. Elliot hasn't arrived yet so I call down to reception and order some food, then call Taylor and get him to check out this bar we are going to.
Elliot arrives just before six. Taylor has check this bar and it seems ok the barman has a criminal record for fighting but other than that I'm willing to check it out. We order some drinks, Elliot has a pint and I have a coke, It's not recommended to drink on my meds but Flynn says I can have the odd glass of wine. We sit and catch up with each other although he already knows everything about me! He tells me about his course and it sounds interesting I think I might find a way to fund some research to keep him here this country agrees with him a lot better than Seattle does! I have just sat back down with our second round when I hear her walking in. I see a vision in red strutting towards us, Elliot was right she is beautiful, but where is her friend. I look around again just in time to see a pale skinned brunette coming towards me, she seems to trip and I reach out and manage to catch her just before she hits the floor. I hold her there for what seems like eternity, staring into her bright shiny blue eyes.
"Wow" she says. I want to echo her sentiment but that would be rude.
"You must be Ana, I'm pleased to meet you." I say still locked into her eyes. It feels like she can see right to my soul, I feel naked standing holding her. I never want to let her go.
"You have me at a bit of a disadvantage here" She replies tactfully
"Oh! Of course how rude of me!" I stand her up, but keep my hands on her I don't want to lose that connection, I wonder if she can feel it too? I sit there beside her staring at her until her friend does the introductions. Anastasia, it suits her it's nearly as beautiful as she is. We sit quietly while her red-haired friend Kate talks and talks to Elliot. She should be a therapist or a journalist she could get blood out of a stone, Elliot has talked with her non stop!
Two men walk towards us one looks vaguely familiar but I can't place him. It's Kate's bother Ethan and his friend Jose, no I don't know a Jose, it's really annoying because im sure ive seen him before! It's not long until it's just the three of us around the table. I retreat to the bathroom as does Ana, when I come back I swear I saw Jose messing with the glasses, he looks and sees me watching.
"I was just moving the empties" He says with a fake southern drawl. I've heard better fakes in the movies! I still eye him suspiciously but Ana returns and sits between us. Jose uses the worst pick up line in history! I decide now is my chance I've learned with woman that its best just to ask straight out what you want so I say
"Would you accompany me to dinner Anastasia? I am staying at the Hilton" Jose looks fit to burst and I want to laugh at him. Ana looks stunned that I'd be so bold until he leans over and plays nice guy asking if she'd rather go with him! The nerve! When he adds the bit about staying in her apartment I want to punch his head in!
"Wow thank you guys but neither of you owe me a pity date, I'm fine." I look at her disbelieving. Pity? I don't ask a woman out because I feel sorry for them that cruel! I'm still thinking on what to say when I realise that Jose has beaten me to it, and she has accepted! Fuck!
I can't sit around and listen to this as they make plans I get up and go over to the bar. I watch her intently though, this girl has gotten under my skin. I can see she is sitting talking to herself, when she realises I can see she blushes the most perfect shade of rose. I can't let her leave with that oaf so I make my way over to her just as she is standing up. I see her sway a little then fall heavily to one side. I can't make it in time to catch her
"Ana?" I shout but her eyelids close. I pull out my cell and speed dial Taylor. He is in the bar in a matter of minutes.
I cant hold my ire
"You drugged her didn't you?" I shout
"No man don't be stupid" he says calmly
"I fucking saw you" I reach across and punch him square in the jaw, before long we are beating each other to a pulp. I hear Ana come up behind me trying to pull us apart.
"Get out of the way you stupid whore!" Jose spits at her as he punches her hard on the arm, I can hear the bones break.
I really let him have it. Taylor comes over and pulls me off just as the police arrive. Ana is nowhere in sight, neither are Elliot, Ethan or Kate. I hope she is safe I need her safe! Jose Taylor and myself all get taken to the station, I get a caution and Taylor gets let go. He assures me that Ana is safe and that Elliot and Ethan took her home but I won't be satisfied until ive spoken to her myself. I pull out my cell and call Elliot. He says she's a bit bruised but fine she's sleeping now. I need to get to her but I want to know what is going on with Jose. That bastard deserves to rot for this! Taylor finds out that the police are going to hold on to Jose as his fingerprints have been matched on Interpol. He warns me I won't like tis but I press him to continue. He says he was using a false I.D. and tells me his real name. I fall to my knees where I stand and sob.
He's Jack Hyde the bastard that killed my Maria and walked away!

Hope you enjoyed leave me a review. The next Ana chapter will be coming soon probably chapter 11 or 12
Carriej x

No comments:

Post a Comment