Sunday 13 January 2013

Chapter 29 The Showdown

A/N So here it is the big showdown between Mia and her family. Big thanks to Kerry and @bombushie for your input. Remember to follow this blog for the new chapters as they will be here first before appearing on fanfiction.net.
Anyway as always
 Enjoy....
                                                                                                                                                                                                   

We stand in the lift quietly. Taylor stands in front of us and I'm reassured by his presence. I really got to know him on our road trip to he'll and I could tell that he wanted to rip Christian limb from limb last night. I feel like I owe him a thank you but now is not the time. I can feel the anxiety bristling off Christian and I know it won't take much to set him off. I suddenly feel like the weight of the world has been dropped on my shoulders. I have to keep my feelings in check and his, one woman should not have all this put on her!
The lift comes to a halt and the doors glide open. Taylor does his security checks before we walk to the large black Audi. He opens the back door for Christian and I to slide in. I get in first and the two have a hushed chat outside the door. It really bugs me when they do shit like that, playing the whole feeble woman wouldn't be able to handle 'man's' business shit! I think I've more than proved that I can!
"What was all that about?" I ask the minute he slides in beside me.
"I asked Taylor to wait outside the door and only come in if he hears anything that would imply he's needed"
"You mean he's outside till I shout him, don't you?" His lips perk up into a half smile,
"Possibly baby" I reach out and stroke his face feeling the tension in his jaw reduce with my touch.
"Stop grinding your pearly whites baby, you'll give yourself a headache!" He removes my hand and places it gently in his.
"My teeth will be fine, once today is over and we can move on" he turns his head away and stares out the window. I notice we are not heading for Mia's apartment, but towards Bellevue.
"We are going to your parents house? My mother is there Christian!"
"She's out for the day with my mom. It's just gonna be me, you, dad, Elliot, Kate, Taylor, Sawyer, Ethan and Mia."
"Just?" The sarcasm drips from my statement like acid. He shoots me the 'don't fucking start Ana' look and  I bite my lip to stop myself from setting my own personal ticking time bomb off!
The trip seems to take forever, something I'm happy and sad about, one one hand I could live without today ever happening and on the other he needs this and I wish it was over already so that we could just move on with our lives! I have little interest in hearing Mia's side of things she has never endeared herself to me in fact she has gone completely out of her way to be a bitch and try to split us up! I suppose my small curious side, or as my mum calls it my nosey Parker complex really wants to know how a twenty year old woman decides to betray her whole family in favour of some blood sibling she barely knew?
I really shouldn't daydream time flies past when I do! I don't notice we have stopped let alone Taylor holding the door open until I get a prod in the ribs from Christian, ooops!
"When we get home can I have a go?" He growls in my ear
"Huh?"
"On that lip, you've been chewing it the whole way here and that is one hell of a distracting sight" he motions discreetly towards his bulging erection.
"I dunno, you might need to restrain me from getting to your first" I flirt back. The colour drains out his face,
"No Ana, no restraining, I'm not ready for that yet."
"Shit, sorry, I didn't think...." I break off as I see a face peering out of the window, if I had a sniper gun, or any gun in fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't miss her.
"Calm down Ana, one of you unstable is enough" Taylor whispers in my direction. Christian is entranced by Mia's face, it's like they are suspending reality, pretending that nothing has happened. I see him go to wave and have to interject.
"Christian? Are we going in now?" He snaps out of his trance and fucking furious is back with a vengeance! He storms up to the front door and throws it open almost knocking poor Carrick off his feet. He regains his composure quickly and pretends like nothing happened.
"Christian, Ana, lovely to see you!" He hugs us both like he hasn't seen us in years. Christian clinches and pushes him away, I accept his hug and he makes use of the opportunity to whisper
"I hope he has come for answers not a fight" I can tell he wants to add 'unlike you' onto the end of that but he doesn't. I nod gently as he moves away.
"Where is she?" He growls at his father.
"Now Christian, we are doing this civilly we will sit around the table in the dining room. Where will Taylor be positioned?" Carrick replies in a gentle tone, that implies he has been on the receiving end of Christian's temper before.
"Outside the door. This is private." He replies in a clipped tone.
"Sawyer will be beside Mia at her request, are you sure you don't want Taylor in the room?" I can see the rage on his face at the implication of him physically hurting his sister, but hell even I'm unsure how he'll react!
"I've got Ana" he looks down at me with a strange look of pride. I give a reassuring smile in reply.
"Okay then, follow me." Carrick leads the way along the hall to the dining room. I grab hold of Christian's hand and give it a squeeze. We stop at a set of mahogany double doors with antique brass handles. I shake off my building sense of foreboding. Taylor positions himself by the door.
"Sir I would like to do a security check first"
Christian gives him a small nod and Taylor enters the room in front of us. Carrick goes in next, I follow behind and sit down across from her, I notice her eye is still swollen and bruised I can't help but smile.
"Christian, we are waiting son" Carrick shouts. I look round at him and his eyes lock onto mine, he walks towards me and sits in the vacant seat beside me. I take his hand in mine and smile at him, he still looks like he's going to explode but I know he's calm enough for now.
"Okay, I'm here to be your adjudicator and stop things getting out of control. I know that tempers will flare up but violence will not be tolerated in my home" he looks directly at me as he speaks. Great I'm the bolshy Scottish hot head with a temper to match!
"Why Mia?" He says in a desperate voice. She drops her head and says nothing. "Dammit Mia! I want to know why? Do you not think you at least owe me that?" He slams his hand on the table. Mia lifts her head and takes a deep breath.
"I SAID LET ME IN TAYLOR!" The door swings open and in barges Elliot "it seems you forgot my invitation to the pow wow. What am I meant to be upstairs shagging my fiancee instead of finding out why my wee sister broke my family?"
"Christian, Mia, do either of you have a problem with Elliot being here?"
"No"
"Whatever, like I get a choice anyway"
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"
"Like I want to be here! You all hate me, she" she stretches over and points at me "assaulted me in my own home! I'd rather be anywhere else than here right now"
"Yeah well so would I Mia! Does it make you feel warm inside to know you have ruined my life? I'm not the same man I was before, and I don't think I'll ever be him again. The ONLY reason I'm here today alive and well is because of Ana she saved me!"
"How do you think she knew where you were? I told her!"
"Only because you had to"
"I didn't HAVE to do anything! In fact it everything was against me telling her. Jack knew where I was at all times, he had his goons following me. My phone had taps on it, he had taps on everyone's phones. I swear I didn't know Maria was alive, I would have told you, I love you your my big brother."
"Maybe you should have acted like I was your brother then!" She drops her head and sobs.
"Dad tell him, please!" She begs.
"No Mia you need to do this your brother deserves to hear it from you"
"I am, sorry, was pregnant." The silence is deafening.
"What?" Oh God, it hits me like a ton of bricks I turn my head away and fortunately Carrick sees I've turned green and hands me a bucket. I proceed to vomit until my stomach is empty, I look up at Mia again, with fresh eyes. I feel sorry for her. I have no doubt that we were caught in the crossfire of this horrific incident.
"So?" Christian and Elliot look at me, they haven't got it. Mia looks like she could use my bucket. She takes  a deep breath
"He raped me. If I didn't go willingly he would take me by force. I was only willing once and once we were finished he told me he was my brother, then he told me that he wanted to see me again.I didn't realise he would expect sex every time. I didn't know he was recording it at the time.  I was so relieved when you called and said he was in jail. I thought my nightmare was over. I was free, or so I thought. The phone calls started coming as soon as he was in prison. He wanted me to visit him but I refused. Somehow he found out that I was in Scotland he went mental. The phone calls multiplied then the messages started and he sent me videos of us together and some of me with Maria that had been made to look like we were sleeping together. He kept saying if I didn't meet up with him him that he would get Ana. I knew how serious you two were and how good your security is I knew you wouldn't leave her unprotected. That and I didn't think he was serious. He called me the night that Elliot and Kate got engaged. He said I had to split you up up because Ana was his. He was on the phone listening the whole time time so I had to make it seem real. I'm sorry" she saggs down down as if she's empty. We all sit in stunned silence, until Christian raises his head.
"You said you were pregnant"
"I was"
"So what happened?"
"I gave her away"
"You had his baby? Seriously Mia? Do you expect me to believe any of this?" She pulls something out her pocket and slides it across the table to him. It's a picture of a baby in a frilly pink dress, in Mia's weary looking arms.
"He said he'd hurt her if you were found. How do I make that choice? My child, that's small and defenceless or you, big bad Christian Grey and all his hired help? You have security coming out of your every orifice I didn't think he'd get within a hundred yards of you! I had to keep her safe."
I see Elliot and Christian exchanging glances before Elliot speaks.
"Where is she now?"
"Dad and mom took her somewhere, a loving home where she would be safe"
"I'll try again then. Dad where is Mia's baby?"
"Safe"
"She's a Grey and should be with her mother" Christian says quietly, still contemplating all that's been said.
"I can't look after a baby! I don't want her, she's better off with someone else!" Mia shouts as if she's trying to herself as well as everyone else round the table.
"You will get your daughter back and you will raise her, you owe me that. You know that not all adoptions go like ours, she deserves better, she deserves you"
"Don't you dare try to dictate how my life will go Christian! I DO NOT WANT MY BABY! She is only here because I was raped do you think  I want a permanent reminder of that? If that wasn't bad enough she looks like Jack, that sneering face, she is the ugliest child I've ever seen and maybe I should have let him have her instead of you!"
"Mia Grey, I never want to hear you talk like that again!" Carrick admonishes.
"Don't pretend you care Carrick! It wouldn't surprise me if you and Grace replace me with her"
"Shut the fuck up Mia." Oh shit the monster beside me has awoken. "You always were ungrateful, from the minute you arrived you have been stubborn and downright rude to mom and dad. I don't believe your little story Mia! Hyde wouldn't be interested in a baby he was all about Maria." I can see the lightbulb ping on above his head "You chased him! You wanted him! He didn't want you, he wanted Maria, that's why he hated me so much! I was with her. You did fuck her didn't you?" She says nothing He slams his fist down on the table "DIDN'T YOU?" She looks up with a gleeful smile, that is so creepy it's unreal.
"Yes, big brother. I ducked your girl over and over and over again, till she screamed. I was better than you at everything! Jack wanted to carry on our blood line so he was fucking us both, trying to get us pregnant." She sneers at him goading him to hit her. "I organised her death scene, it was impressive wasn't it! She couldn't hide her pregnancy from you anymore so she had to disappear, the wilds of Scotland are  a great place to hide. Oh and her baby might be yours"
"You are one sick twisted little bitch aren't you? I had you pegged right from the start!" I seethe.
"I told Jack about you and Kate, I even set up Ethan. Christian doesn't deserve to be happy. I wanted to break him and his whole world and, look, I did" she says innocently, throwing her head back and laughing hysterically.
"Mia!" Carrick looks physically shaken. He lets out a loud groan and slumps over off his chair.
"Taylor!" He bursts into the room
"I need my mom and an ambulance. And call Flynn. Mia is mentally disturbed and needs sectioned."
Taylor and Sawyer spring into action. Elliot and Christian stand Carrick up off the chair and carry him out the room I go to follow when I'm stopped in my tracks
"He'll want his baby you know! Maria was the love of his life and he will want that child, more than he wants you Ana. Oh and do you know something, I watched you and him together having sex, your not a patch on my sister. You are  a dirty skank Ana. I wish they had killed him, that was the plan. I was following you. You were meant to watch as he died, two broken people for the price of one. I hate you. I wish you were dead, both of you, then I'd have Jack and Maria back again. Jack adored Scarlett. He watched me give birth, he held my hand. He named our child. He was soft and gentle, you are lying bitch, he never touched you"
"Go to hell Mia!" I turn on my heel and run after the boys leaving Taylor and Sawyer with Mia.
They are in the lounge with the paramedics, they are giving Carrick medication and loading him onto a stretcher. Kate and Ethan come rushing in.
"What the hell happened?" Kate asks.
"He's had  a heart attack" Elliot snaps.
"Shit!"
"How's Mia?" The Grey brothers turn and stare at Ethan. You know the phrase if looks could kill, well Ethan would have been hung drawn and quartered with that look!
"On her way to a psychiatric hospital, hopefully never to return!" Elliot quips.
I notice Flynn striding up the hall with Taylor. Mia is following behind, being 'helped' by Sawyer. The paramedics are carrying the stretcher to the ambulance. We follow.
"Hope he dies, couldn't happen to  a nicer man!" Mia hollers from the back of a darkened vehicle. I see Flynn inject her with something and her slump over. I notice Sawyer is in the car too.
Flynn gives me a nod as the door closes.
Taylor pulls around and Kate, Elliot, Ethan, Christian and I jump in. My mobile is ringing. I pull it out my pocket my mum's picture is flashing on the display.
"Hi mum"
"Ana, what's going on?"
"Are you with Grace?"
"Yes. She bundled us in the car and is driving like a looney!"
"Carrick has had a heart attack"
"Oh right so I guess I'm left holding the baby!"
"Don't be so dramatic mum!"
"No really honey. Grace has just run into the hospital and left me with her, do I feed her or what?"
"What are you talking about mum?"
"Scarlett"
"Who is Scarlett?"
"Mia's baby" I nearly drop the phone.
"I'm coming mum, sit tight I'll be there in two minutes."
"Okay honey see you soon bye"
"Bye"
How the hell do  I put this to them?
"Christian we have a problem."
"What is it Ana?" He looks really worried
"My mum is sitting in your mum's car"
"We will get her then no biggie baby, you had me worried there"
"Scarlett is with her"
"Who's Scarlett?"
"Mia's baby"
There is a sharp intake of breath and all eyes are on Ethan.
"I didn't know." He looks scared "honestly, I didn't"
"Fuck"
                                                                                                                                                                         
So leave me a review and let me know what you think
Thanks
CarrieJ x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment