Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 17 Something Funny?


A/N: All characters belong to E.
I know its late but better late than never!
Enjoy...

"Something funny?" the voice booms from behind me.
I can feel all the hairs standing on my arms. I don't turn and look if anything I laugh longer than I would have at the absurdity of everything.
"Just my situation." I reply.
"What situation would that be?" he says gently. I can feel him coming over to me, he stops behind me. His fingertips make contact with my shoulders, I can feel the electricity running down my arms. His hands run down my arms. I can feel his breath on my neck, his lips gently press to my shoulder and run up to my earlobe. I'm frozen not sure how to react to his sensual assault. I turn to face him.
"You" I reply. He pulls me in to him for a hot passionate kiss.
"What about me?" He says huskily as he pulls away.
"Christian, you need to see a doctor!"
"You're the best medicine for me Ana" He drags me into another steamy kiss, as much as I want to fight against him I can't, the sexual magnetism is too strong. Our tongues dance together, I run my hands over his body, as his invade my clothing. Something in me snaps back to reality. I push away from him. I see the flash of hurt in his eyes.
"No Christian, we cant do this now, not here." I say still husky. "Let's go into the house" I stand up and reach for his hand. He just stares at me
"I, uh, I, can't go in there." He says shakily.
"Then where can we go? I don't want splinters in my arse so we're not doing anything here and the same goes for the shards of concrete! I would prefer a bed..." Oh please just come inside, I can get you help you stubborn man!
"Ana, I can't go anywhere. I need Maria to see you, to know you." Oh Fuck this is worse than I thought! He can SEE his dead girlfriend?
"Christian there is no one here except you and me!" I shout at him.
"I can feel her presence here, like nowhere else. I need to say goodbye to life with her, I need her to know I've moved on. I need you Ana!" He shouts, I see him struggling to control his anger.
"I'm fucking here Christian and you're talking to dead people?" I try to stay calm. "TAYLOR! GET FLYNN" I yell. Christian looks like ive slapped him. "I love you baby but you need help, help I can't give you. I will wait for you but now you need to go with John." His face hardens. He stands over me threateningly. He picks me up and moves up the path with me, heading for the house.
"You want it in a fucking bed then I'll fuck you in a fucking bed!" He seethes. I begin to shake with fear. Taylor and Flynn are nowhere, does he know I was bluffing? Is he going to rape me? The house is in darkness as we approach . He throws open the door and charges through it. He slams it hard behind him breaking a few of the small panes of glass. He keeps walking, we go up a beautiful staircase in the centre of the house, it sweeps up in a beautiful curve leading to a large spacious hall that is the size of my and Kate's flat! He puts me down.
"Run away Ana." I can see the pain in his eyes. Is this a challenge?
"No"
"GO Ana, NOW!"
"NO! I'm not leaving you Christian. Don't you get it? I LOVE YOU you stupid idiot! If you drag me in a room and do something to me now it's my own fault, you gave me a chance to run and I wont leave. I just need you to know that I love you." I need him to hear me. He looks at me for a long time before he pulls a mobile phone from his pocket and hands it to me.
"Call Taylor and Flynn if you need to" I look at the phone, I find Taylors number and make the call.
"Christian you understand why ive done this don't you?" I ask
"No, I really don't!"
"Really? You have smashed up half the house, and trashed the garden. You were going to rape me Christian..."
"No. I wouldn't do that to you Ana! I love you!" I blink up at him in shock, he looks as shocked as me at his confession.
"You...what?" I ask quietly, I need him to say it again, just to be sure I heard him right.
"I said I love you Ana Steele!" I can't help the huge Cheshire cat grin that spreads across my face.
"I love you too Christian, but you need help your behavior hasn't been rational for quite a long time now has it, I distracted you from it or met you during a good spell, but you have bad times too. You were evil the last time we fought and then you considered suicide didn't you?"
"Yes" he says hanging his head. "I can't control my impulses at all. I feel like im watching myself sometimes and can't stop whats happening." He lets out a small sob. I hear the door open downstairs.
"Miss Steele?" I hear the panic in his voice
"We are up here Taylor." I shout back. I look back up at Christian. His sobs have stopped and the fury has returned. He grabs me by the hair and pulls me into a bedroom, I let out a loud scream. He throws me onto the bed, ripping my clothes from my body. I hear Taylor at the door.
"ANA?" Taylor cries out
"TAYLOR HELP ME!" I scream loudly. Christian has ripped the clothes from his own body and is trying to force himself on me. I hear a loud crack and Taylor is in the room pulling Christian off of me.
"Shes MINE Taylor! Get your fucking hands off her."
"Christian NO!" I shout as he punches Taylor square on the jaw. Flynn rushes in followed by a woman who seems vaguely familiar. Taylor holds Christian against a wall pinning him there. The woman produces a vial and a needle and injects him with something. Within a minute he slumps down the wall.
"It's alright Ana. She gave him a sedative. There is an ambulance downstairs waiting for him." Flynn reassures me. The woman walks over to me.
"He will be ok." She says handing me a robe from the back of the door. "Thank you for getting him help I've been so worried, you will come and stay with us now won't you? Kate has been so worried about you." I can see her scanning me for injuries and apart from the obvious, im fine. "You may develop some bruising Ana and you must tell me if you do."
"I'm sorry, but who are you? You look familiar..."
"I'm Grace Trevelyan-Grey, Christians Mom"
"Oh god. I'm sorry Mrs Grey!"
"It's fine Ana. I want you to go to Bellevue with Taylor, I will be going with my son to the hospital."
"Can I come to the hospital, I need to be sure he's okay" I state. She looks at me surprised.
"Ana, unless I'm very wrong, my son just tried to rape you, and you want to stay?"
"Yes. It wasn't the real him, he could see what was happening but couldn't stop himself. I knew it was a possibility that he could attack me." She looks astounded as she takes in my words.
"What do you mean by he couldn't stop himself?" She asked urgently
"He told me that it felt like someone else stronger took over and he just had to stand back and watch or something like that."
"Oh my god, TAYLOR GET THE EMT'S IN HERE NOW!" She screamed rushing over to Christians side. "You'll be ok son! I'll make sure of it!" She whispers in his ear. I take up position at the other side and hold his hand.
"Whats wrong with him?" I ask slightly panicky.
"I think that he may have a brain tumor." She whispers quietly
The paramedics's rush into the room and get him on a stretcher and then we move very quickly to the ambulance. We reach the hospital in minutes. Grace starts shouting orders at the doctors and nurses in A and E and they all respond quickly. Soon Christian is on a bed with drips in the back of his hand and a heart monitor beeping out his heartbeat. I am moved out of the room by a kind nurse, she takes me to a small private room Taylor is inside on his mobile obviously arranging security for his room.
"Will you keep me informed?" I ask
"Yes of course dear, Dr Trevelyan will be in shortly." she gives me a friendly pat and leaves.
I sit on one of the chairs and slowly the room begins to fill with the Grey family all sobbing and hanging their heads. Kate rushes to my side and holds my hand, Elliot comes to my other side. I feel the warmth of his jacket as he drapes it around my shoulders. I look at Kate
"He told me he loves me Kate! What if something happens to him? He can't die! He just can't" I bawl my eyes out and Kate holds me tightly. I cry until there are none left. Grace comes into the room,
"He has a small tumor in his brain." the room goes into a stunned silence "He is in theater now. We just have to wait." I stand up and begin to pace the room up and down, no longer aware of anyone else in the room, I start talking to myself.
"It's all my fault, if he'd never met me he would have been fine. I made him sick, I did this. I need to leave, yes I need to leave I can't stay here, they all hate me, and they should I ruined him. It's all my fault." I move for the door and find Elliot blocking my way.
"No Ana this is not your fault!" he says holding me tightly. I can't hear him I just stare into his eyes and think about the bright gray ones I'll never see again
"Ana? Can you hear me? Ana? Ana?" I hear my name and someone shaking me but I don't respond. Elliot carries me to a chair and sits me down. Grace comes over and looks at me.
"I'm fine" I say. "I just need some air"
"Ana, honey, you're in shock. Kate could you go and get her a cup of hot sweet tea."
"Yeah, 'course I will" Kate lets go of my hand, how long was she holding it? was she pacing with me?
"Ta Kate" I say.
Kate comes back with the vilest cup of tea ive ever had the displeasure to drink. I drink it all just to make Grace happy and surprisingly feel a bit better. A doctor in blue scrubs comes into the room.
"We got it all out. It was benign and he is in the recovery room, you should be able to see him soon but only two of you for a few minutes, he is still gravely ill and open to infection." I look at Grace.
"I want to see him." I say. Mia scowls at me.
"Family first, don't you think mom?" she snaps back at me.
"Carrick and I will go"She says looking at me and Mia.
"No darling, you and Ana should go. He will want her not me." Carrick says looking at Mia warningly, almost saying don't argue. Her mouth had popped open but she promptly snaps it shut, and nods a small acknowledgment at her father.
"Thank you Mr Grey" I say. A nurse comes in ten minutes later Grace stands as do I we take hands and follow her towards Christian's room.
When I see him I'm shocked, his head is bandaged up and all his long copper locks are gone. He has drips in both hands now, and looks like he's gone three rounds with Mike Tyson. I move up beside him.
"Christian? I'm here" I whisper. His eyes flicker open. He looks at me then at his Mum.
"Mom, where am I?" He asks.
"You're in hospital honey, you had a brain tumor. They have removed it. You are going to be fine." She tells him
"Who are you? Are you my nurse?" he asks me.
I feel the silent tear run down my face.
"No. I'm Ana Steele" I reply, maybe he'll remember my name.
"Oh why are you here?"
My heart is breaking, I stand up and run from the room. I run back to Kate.
"He doesn't know me Kate, he doesn't know who I am!" I choke out. She holds me shushing me. Grace comes back a minute later.
"I'm so sorry Ana!" She wraps her arms around me "He has amnesia. The doctors are going to test how bad it is, I'm just so sorry Ana"
"Will he ever remember me?" I ask
"I don't know."
"I want to go home. My only reason to be here doesn't exist anymore! I will be back in Scotland waiting for him. If he remembers he can come for me." I say. I turn and walk out of the room leaving them all aghast.

Poor Ana! Hope you liked it. Leave me a review if you did!
CarrieJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment