Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 15 Do I Stay or Do I Go?


A/N: The characters belong to E. L. James
This is a short chapter but I wanted to leave a cliffhanger...
Enjoy...

I'm exhausted when I see the doctor. They quickly saw through the cast and take some x-rays they confirm that the bones are healing well and that ill only need a cast for about two more weeks. I get a lovely new pink cast, Its much lighter and doesn't smell which is great! I just want to go curl up somewhere and sleep for a week, but that's not an option. When I finish at the hospital. Kate is waiting for me. I'm glad I'm not alone for this, Carrick and Elliot are with me too.
I don't know where to begin. I'm ushered into a large black Audi by Taylor and we are driven off to Grey House the home of Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc. Christians company. I don't quite know how I got here one minute I was having an argument with Elliot the next I was on a plane trying to stop my ex from killing himself, which unfortunately seems to be the reality I'm facing. I really had no idea about his background. When we were on the plane Carrick explained everything from a woman called Maria to Christians breakdown and how close to the edge he came before. He also told me that Christian was or maybe is in love with me? I can't get my head around it at all. They all believe I'm the only one that can save him though. I have to do a press conference, I am shitting myself about it. I'm not the most confident of people at the best of times and put me in an unfamiliar awkward social surrounding and I become the clumsiest girl in the world. Last time I tried to give a public speech to my class in uni I somehow managed to spill water down the front of my lecturer and myself. I was mortified! Today I have to talk to the world media? Miss Grey has had a speech written for me by the PR department that I have to read, I don't really feel comfortable with that but I suppose if it gets Christian home that's what matters.
We pull up outside the most imposing building it's all glass and steel. Kate gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. Taylor opens my door, I try to get out but end up tripping and nearly faceplanting into the pavement. fortunately Taylor catches me! I stand and dust myself down. I look at the door and see the words Grey House etched in a frosted part of the glass. Taylor opens the door and I walk in. It has the most breathtaking foyer, its all marble and glass. A bubbly blonde approaches us.
"Mr Grey, Miss Grey is waiting for you on the 21st floor if you'd like to all go up" she addresses Carrick
He nods politely and moves us all into the waiting lift.
"You okay Ana?" Kate asks taking a hold of my hand.
"Yeah, just a bit nervous" I reply. She smiles reassuringly at me, she knows I'm lying she can feel the tremors increasing in my hand.
The lift doors slide open and again its all marble and glass. There is a tall beautiful blonde waiting for us.
"Andrea!" Carrick smiles and embraces the woman. "I hope Mia is not being a tyrant" he jokes.
"No sir. Miss Grey is lovely. I'll just let her know you've arrived" She returns to her desk and quietly speaks into her intercom.
Mia Grey bursts through the door like a rocket and barrels herself into her fathers arms
"Daddy I've been so worried! Where is Christian?" She looks at me and I can see the daggers protruding towards me. Anger and hatred pours off her in my direction. "Hello you must be the infamous Miss Steele" She says I can hear the venom in her sweetness as she says my name.
"Ana" I say icily back, who the fuck does she think she is to judge me? " I'm guessing your Miss Grey then?" I add with no emotion at all.
"Yes that would be me." You could cut the tension with a knife. Kate's grip on mine has increased I don't know if its to stop me lamping her or her lamping me!
"Ladies, I think you are both starting off on the wrong foot here," Carrick interrupts "We are all here for Christian are we not?"
"Yes" we all chorus, still sizing each other up.
"I have a speech for you" she says trusting a document at me. I read it thoroughly. I hate it, it doesn't say what needs to be said.
"I can't read that!" I exclaim "Anyone in this building could stand and read that! I need to get a message to him that he will understand comes from me." I shout at her surprised by own reaction. She looks stunned, I don't suppose anyone stands up to any of the Greys. Andrea looks on bemused by the entire situation, I don't think people raise their voice in Grey house unless their surname is Grey!
"You will read it, its your fucking fault he's missing!" She hisses back.
"Oh I don't know why I bothered coming then. You read your bloody speech I'm going home! Your all fucking fruit loops in this family, Sorry Carrick I don't mean you but all your bloody kids!" I look pointedly at Mia. Then turn and get back into the lift and hit the ground button. Kate dives in with me.
"What the hell Ana!" She looks at me "Do you not love him now are you happy for him to die?"
"Kate it's not that. Yes I love him and 72 hours ago I was the happiest woman on the planet with a normal relationship with a normal boy, but he's not normal Kate. He needs serious psychological help and I don't know if I can do that. Any of them can read her little statement. I just cannot and will not be a pawn to be manipulated by anyone." I shout my emotions are running high.
"Lets go to the hotel, you can cool down and see how you feel later." Kate supplies her words of wisdom.
The lift opens and we walk out I go to the door of the building and am suddenly swamped by the press. Where did they come from? There are hundreds of them all shouting my name!
"Ana, Ana, is it true Mr Grey has gone missing?"
"Ana, are you and Mr Grey an item?"
"Ana, do you have a statement?"
What do I do I look at Kate then act on impulse.
"Excuse me" I say trying to make them quieten
"EXCUSE ME!" Kate yells. they all shut up and look, flashbulbs go off and the cameras all point in my direction a few microphones appear near me too.
"My name is Anastasia Steel and yes I have been dating Mr Grey, He is missing at the moment and I would appreciate it if you could please put the message out that I am in Seattle and I want Christian to come back to me. Christian if you can hear me I will be waiting for you at a place your father told me was your quiet place. Please come to me, find me baby!" I beg staring down a camera lens.
"That is all we have to say at this time Grey House will be issuing a statement within the hour, Thank you" Mia booms from behind me before snatching my hand and pulling me back into the building. "Of all the stupid things..." she begins and pauses "Thank you Ana I hope he hears it." She pulls me into an embrace. When she lets me go I see the tears spilling from her eyes, I realise then that I am crying too. Kate appears beside me with a tissue. I dry my eyes, I'm so glad I don't wear make up id have panda eyes by now!
Only now do I look round the foyer at the faces of the Grey clan and see the pale skin, the red ringed eyes and the track marks on their cheeks where the tears have fallen. Taylor even looks abnormally sad. I go to him and ask him to take me to the garden Christian had made im Maria's memory. I hug everyone they all know where I am going. I just want to sit and wait. I pray to god he shows up. I don't want to turn into a modern-day Romeo and Juliet! Taylor leads me through the building to a different lift where he keys in a number to an underground garage. We descend.
"Do you know much about Maria?" I ask Taylor
"Not really Ma'am" He replies
"You know where this garden is though don't you?"
"Yes ma'am"
He really doesn't talk much! We get in the car and head for our destination.
"Will you bring me food when I need it?" I ask, he looks surprised
"Of course, you will have a security detail with you to Ma'am."
"I will?" I raise my eyebrows
"Yes, Mr Grey would insist if he was here. You are in a strange city and anything could happen to you."
"Oh okay, i suppose when you put it like that it makes sense"
"Sawyer is already in place waiting for you ma'am"
"Ok thanks Taylor"
He pulls to a stop by some gates. He inputs a code and we pass through. At the end of the road there is a house and behind the house is a beautiful garden, in the middle is a perfect little gazebo. I get out the car. Taylor hands me a key
"For the house Ma'am" He nods then approaches another man. They have a short conversation before I'm formally introduced, although id already guessed that this is Sawyer!
"Miss Steel, I'd like you to meet Luke Sawyer your personal security detail. Anything you need just ask him."
"Who owns this house?"
"Mr Grey Ma'am"
"Is this where he lives?"
"No ma'am"
"Okay...then why does he have a house if he doesn't live in it?" I ask myself more than them they both just shrug their shoulders. "Can I stay in the house? Is that why you gave me the key?"
"Yes ma'am, Mrs Jones will be over soon to prepare dinner for you."
"Thanks. I'm just going to sit in the garden." I wonder off. Taylor and Sawyer chat more then Taylor leaves. So here I am in natures paradise created for a dead woman, I'm trying not to be morbid but I can't help it. I wonder around and can't help thinking what if im just the rebound girl? I'm the one that was never meant to come along. I walk around the path admiring the beauty that surrounds me when suddenly there is a clearing with a small bench, it overlooks the water it has the most breathtaking view. I sit down and stare at it. I know that this is the spot Carrick told me about. I sit frozen to the spot. I sit for hours and watch the sunset its stunning the whole sky illuminates with natures palate. I capture the image and burn it into my brain, I never want to forget being here right now, surrounded by the beauty and the it hits me this is the spot where I will find out if he is dead or alive I fold over on myself and sob, the tears flow until there are none left.
I must have cried myself to sleep as when I awaken I'm still on the bench but I have a pillow and a duvet. I sit up pulling the covers round me for warmth and that when I see it a loan red rose lying beside me. He's been here, he knows im here! He's ALIVE! But where has he gone now? I run up to the house. I see someone follow me.
"Christian?" I shout
"Its Sawyer Ma'am" He replies
"But he was here" I say
"I havent seen anyone come or go ma'am" He looks apologetic
"He WAS here!" I reply firmly "I don't care if you saw him I KNOW he was! He left me this" I hold up the rose. Sawyer looks like he's seen a ghost.
"Come with me ma'am, it's not safe to be out here we need to go into the house."
"Why?" I ask
"Please ma'am" He begs
"Fine!" I sulk. I turn round and look at the garden "Christian this security guy is making me go inside, I know you have a key, come and find me baby please" I cry out into the dark. I hope he heard me.
"Miss Steele you need to get into the house now!" I move through the back door into a small pantry, then through another door into a huge kitchen. Sawyer is on his mobile shouting for backup. I don't understand?
"Sawyer what is going on?"
"You need to get in the panic room Ma'am" he replies
"NO! Not until you tell me what the fuck is going on!"
"It's Mr Grey Ma'am... He leaves roses for Maria on the bench only ever white ones though" He's holding something back from me.
Taylor bursts in the room and picks me up and carries me to the panic room.
"Miss Steele you are in great danger. Mr Grey is unstable and is a very strong man"
"He left me a rose! He didn't touch me!"
"Are you sure he didn't?" he asks
"Yes! What is it about the rose?"
"Mr Grey always said he would leave Maria a red rose when he was going to die so that she would know to look for him..." He looks down
Oh fuck! He's actually going to do it? He saw me there and still he's going to do it? I run past him and head for the door. I get outside and run up the path to the bench. The duvet is gone and the pillow has exploded everywhere.
"Christian?" I shout ""Christian Grey I know you are fucking well here come out and face me like a man!"
I hear rustling in the bushes behind me. Before I can turn I feel a hand over my mouth and I'm being dragged backwards. I feel my body being lifted off the ground but my head is pinned so I can't see who it is, I can't scream. I have to hope Taylor followed me fast enough...

I feel like I should be doing an evil laugh right now! Who snatched Ana and more importantly why? You may or may not have noticed there are some unanswered questions along the way. If you have noticed any of these I assure you they will be resolved soon if you want spoilers (answers to these q's I may give some by PM...)
CarrieJ

No comments:

Post a Comment