Saturday 12 January 2013

Chapter 2 Mr Mysterious


A/N: Characters belong to E.L James.
This chapter was hard to write as I don't want to rush them getting together I want Ana to be attracted to men not just Christian if that makes sense. My story is a slow burner but more will become clear along the way! Thankyou for the reviews so far and all the follows, I am on Facebook as Carriej Fanfic come and find me! :)

So where was I? Oh yeah Kate was tipsy and this guy walked in...
"Wow..." Kate breathed not so subtly.
"Kate! No men tonight! Remember the plan?" Fuck she was soooo going to hit on him, poor guy was gonna be a knee jerk reaction to her breakup. I shouldnt let her do this but, well Kate is Kate! Beautiful but bloody stubborn! I looked over at Mr Mysterious, every woman in the bar was fawning over him, tall, well-built, even I had to admit he was attractive, if you liked that kind of thing! Kate made a beeline for him dragging me along, i don't quite know why it's not as if she needs the moral support! As we got near him he looked up, his eyes locked into mine unnerving me momentarily, I raised my eyebrows at him, he quickly looked away toward Kate.
"Good evening ladies can I get you a drink?" a smooth american accent left his lips. Ok so maybe this guy could get to me. NO what am I thinking?! I don't date. I've never dated! That is an unnerving thought, are my standards really that high? He IS good looking though... God im getting sidetracked inside my head again he only offered me sorry us a drink and, SHIT im doing a bloody goldfish impersonation!
"Yeah please, I'll have a vodka and red bull and a coke for Ana, oh im Katherine by the way"
Could she have flirted more if shed tried? Calm down you're not interested remember?! Your high standards and everything... Stop talking to yourself...
"Pleasure to make your acquaintances Ana, Katherine" he said as he kissed the back of our hands. My heart quickened at the touch, oh god I need to talk to Kate!
"Kate can I have a word?" "Now?" "No Kate next bloody week! Of course now, in the ladies"
I drag her to the toilets at the back of the pub, they are small and smell of cleaning chemicals yet somehow still feel dirty, how is that even possible? We squeeze in front of the two sinks, trying to stay away from the cubicles, we made a note when we started coming here that the only toilet safe for you to use in here is the one upstairs in Jimmy the landlords flat!
"OMG He's gorgeous, i know your helping me get over Andrew and that the two-phase plan always works but I'm going home with him tonight! I think I'm in love!" She gushed at me.
SHIT!
"Erm Kate I was just gonna say be careful, I know you! I can see the glint in your eye!"
I couldn't do it Kate needs this I have a passing attraction to him. Hell I don't even know his name!
We head back into the bar, Jimmy is standing lord of all he sees. He calls us over and gives us our drinks but the mysterious stranger is gone!
"Hey Jimmy where did that bloke go?"
"He said to apologise to you both he had to go and meet his brother at the airport, he said he'll see you both here tomorrow night at 7"
"Cheeky bugger, how dare he assume we'd want anything to do with him?! He only bought us a drink for fuck sake!"
"Jeez Ana take a chill pill babe! He's bloody fit and hell yeah i'll be here tomorrow, phase two will be complete by then" She has the cheek to wink at me then order us a round of shots. Three tequilla shots later and Kate is wrecked! Time to call it a night before I get drunk too, that would not be a pretty sight for anyone! I practically carry Kate out the door shouting bye to Jimmy as we leave, he knowingly chuckles, he's seen phase two sooooooo many times now!
"Kate? Kate! You need to help me a little here, come on Kate! KATE!" "What?" She mumbles almost incoherently, I swear if she was not my best mate I would dump her at the side of the street for the police to bring home! By now I'm dragging her up our street towards our block. I hear footsteps behind me, oh crap someone is following us, I try to hurry Kate on but she's so inebriated that it's nearly impossible to keep her walking let alone running! The footsteps are getting louder and closer, I can feel the hair-raising on the back of my neck, my worst fears of city living are about to come true, im gonna get attacked, I know it! I stop, embracing the inevitable. The figure keeps on walking one of these days I'll learn not to overreact, it's the small town girl in me, I see threats everywhere!
I drag Kate into the close and fumble for the keys, I get the door open and pull her in. I drop her by the front door as im exhausted, I'm not a bloody strong woman and Miss Kavanagh is not exactly light! I strip off and climb into my flannelette PJ's and coorie up under my duvet. I can't sleep though all I can think of is those eyes haunting me.

Its soooooo unfair Kate is still beautiful its 11am im just up and I look like im the one that's been drinking and Kate looks like she's just stepped out of the pages of Elle. Hmph!
"Morning sleepy head!" she trills. Seriously? She was so pissed she slept on the door mat!
"Yeah morning Kate, did you like the hall floor it obviously agreed with you?" I laughingly reply.
"I slept really really well! I obviously slept in my bed, thanks for helping me in there it was sooooo good of you!" her voice is laden with sarcasm.
"Well maybe if you hadn't had 3 vodkas and 3 shots and whatever else you had, and Miss Kavanagh and I know you had more than that, I wouldn't had to have carried you home! Putting you to bed was not part of the deal!" I answer honestly
"Fair enough Ana! You're a star as usual! So are we going to meet Mr Downright Handsome tonight?" She asks innocently, she already knows ill go with her, so I decide to have fun
"Oh I don't think its a good idea Kate. I'm not going" I try to make it sound sincere, I don't think she bought it though.
"Come off it Steele! You liked him as much as me! If he has a brother all I can say is wow!" yep she sees through me every time!

The day drags, I keep looking at the clock, they say time flies when you're having fun, yeah right that person never got dragged up Sauchiehall Street by Katherine Kavanagh on a mission! First we hit Primark, then New Look, but nothing hits Kate's standards. Then we go into Next, it's the most expensive place I can afford, we find some lovely stuff but nothing seems quite right. While we're outside we go to Boots for all the essentials, apparently I need new, well everything! So now ive sat with Joyce the make-up artist for an hour and look well, sexy! I have a new confidence, all for some random bloke?! I really need my head read! We head int the shopping centre to Debenhams and I see all these gorgeous dresses but one catches my eye its peach and floaty with sequins sprinkled in the skirt it has a cute wee handbag to match, I want it but oh god it's too expensive. Kate sees the dress and insists I try it on.
"Get in that damn cubicle and put it on before I drag you in there by your hair Anastasia Steele!" she's got that determined glint in her eye, the one I know not to mess with so I grab the dress and run to the changing room.
"Kate? I need your opinion" I shout from behind my curtain, I havent dared look in the mirror I need Kate's reaction first. I hear her charging up the aisle she rips back the black curtain.
"WOW! Oh Ana you look HOT! I'm getting you this dress as an early christmas present and don't bother arguing you know I'll get it for you whatever you say!" She slowly turns me around to face the dreaded mirror. OMG even I'm shocked at what I see! My pasty white legs look almost pearlescent against the warm peachy fabric that skims them to above the knee, the gathers of the dress around my waist make me look even slimmer than I am, the neckline enhances my ample bosom without putting it all on public display. Kate pulls the bobble from my hair and arranges my long brown locks to frame my demure but sexy (Thank you Joyce the Boots lady!) face. I'm ready for our night out now!

Its 6.50 we've had dinner, it was my famous spicy chicken salad, I ate almost half but im too excited about tonight, Oh god Im soooooooooooo nervous, can you tell? Kate is the definitive lady in red this evening wearing a sleek post box red one shoulder dress it hugs her EVERYWHERE! With a beautiful beaded shawl that looks antique, and knowing Kate it probably is!
"Kate you look fab!" I smiled at her.
"Well I had to do something to keep up with you didn't I? I can't have you pulling all the men!" She grinned and giggled back.
"Right I think we should head out it'll take me forever to get there in these shoes!" I say. I don't know how she talked me into 4 inch stiletto heels, they are surprisingly comfortable even though I look like Bambi on ice when I try to walk!
" OK let's go!" she agrees enthusiastically

By the time we walk to the pub its 7.05 and ive only nearly fallen once! I'm so proud! We walk in and oh my heart flutters he's there with another man, I can't see his companion as we walk over he has his back to us, Kate glides over to the table an takes a seat, I however manage to trip and almost fall to the ground before im caught by Mr Mysterious's friend.
"Wow" is all I manage to say not thank you, my mother would be so disappointed! I feel his glorious Grey eyes pierce through mine straight into my soul.
"You must be Ana. I'm pleased to meet you." HIs accent was like warm fudge sauce it seeped into me and I wanted more.
"You have me at a bit of a disadvantage here" I replied from his embrace hovering above the floor.
"Oh! Of course how rude of me!" He replied helping me to my feet, then keeping hold till I sat at the table.
"Ana, this is Elliot and his younger brother Christian. Elliot, Christian this is my best friend Anastasia" Oh my saviour had a name!
Christian...
Hope you enjoyed chapter 2
I hope to update tomorrow but I'm writing it as I go so we'll see!
Thank you
Carriej x

No comments:

Post a Comment